CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 7, 2008

Something new

So today I was flipping through the channels and I came across Oprah. Today she had that guy Dr Oz on. I usually don't watch when he is on because I think he is loony. But he was talking about how the back of the brain is the part that controls vision.

I found that interesting because when Natalie has her seizures it is mostly in her eyes and head. When we were in the hospital and she got the EEG test done, the Dr said that the back of her brain was the part that was showing up abnormal.

Which I find out today on Oprah, is the part that controls the eyes. So that was like a big fat DOH. I felt like a total idiot for not knowing that.... Thanks Oprah :)

She has not had a seizure since Dec. 3rd which is really great. She used to have them every 2 weeks. So I am very happy she is doing so well now.

In other news, Natalie is getting very good at rolling over all by herself. She also is not so scared to stay on her tummy on the floor. She is also getting very good at raising herself up with her arms and looking around.

Natalie is also very interested in what I eat. She always watches my hand go from the plate to my mouth, back and forth. So tonight I gave her a pizza crust to gum on. Whenever she has a biscuit or a crust she likes to hold it in both her hands then look at it, then put it in her mouth. Then she will pull it back out and look at it again, and then put it back in her mouth.

She is such a girl, whenever she gets sad or scared all I have to do is hold her hand in mine and she is comforted. I remember when she was tiny and I would give her a bath, she would be so scared and be crying, but all I had to do was hold her hands and she would stop crying.

Do I talk about my kid too much? Maybe its because I am in love with her. She is the best thing to ever happen to me and I love her so much.

I also have a new primary class at church. I now have eight 4 year olds. EIGHT!!!! I felt like a mother duck counting heads in the hallway at church. I only lost one once! I have no idea where she went but she reappeared shortly after. They are actually very well behaved. I was pleasantly surprised. They were better then some older kids I have taught in the past. They all are adorable and they were so excited to get their very own CTR rings on Sunday. I think this is going to be very fun. They are at such a cute age.

0 comments: